From: "ant elder" <antel...@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 6:20 AM
To: <dev@tuscany.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 M3 RC2

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Simon Laws<simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM, ant elder<ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Simon Laws<simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

The webapp failure is not a blocker neither is the fact we include
more licenses than is absolutely necessary. However I think we need to
correct the missing license. so -1 on this basis.

I think jstl is CDDL and that is in the Tuscany LICENSE file so just
to be clear, what license are you saying is missing, or is it just the
mention about jstl in the CDDL section?

  ...ant

My first problem is that I struggled to find out precisely what the
license is. Of course the Jar doesn't have a license associated with
it. I ended up at https://jstl.dev.java.net/ which suggests either
CDDL or GPL (which may be why the jar doesn't have a license in it).
So assuming that this is where the jar comes from it would seem to be
the case that we can use CDDL. Is this how you arrive at CDDL?

Yes, i found it at https://jstl.dev.java.net/ too

If that's the case then yes we already have CDDL in our LICENSE file
we just don't say that we are choosing this as the license to cover
the jstl jar. Now you've pointed out we do actually have the license
I'm more inclined to vote positively.

Ok, the not compiling with JDK5 isn't great either so if we do respin
it would be good to get both fixed, but if there are 3 +1s by tomorrow
I'm tempted to try to go with this RC just to get the release done.

...ant