Simon,

Thanks for picking this up again.

>From the service-side perspective, this is a step towards enabling a
non-Tuscany client to consume our "unchecked exc" JMS Message.   In my
mind the SOAP fault format was a bigger step towards this goal, but
how much bigger?   Is SOAP fault more "standardized" on paper without
enabling a single real-world client to consume this Message
regardless?   I don't have the experience to say.... so I'd be OK with
either.   I'm curious, did you have a reason for preferring your
format over the SOAP fault?

>From the reference-side, there's no reason to expect this a
non-Tuscany JMS Message sender on the other side would ever produce a
Message in this format, so I think it's correct to only add this
behavior after checking for the Tuscany "fault" user prop.

One note code structure-wise...  I think it would be clearer if we
continued to use the JMSMessageProcessor.createFaultMessage(), etc.,
to do this type of thing... i.e., keep it one place rather than adding
logic to the service interceptor as well (like your patch does, though
I know that's only a patch).

Thanks,
Scott