> I agree that needs to happen, but its not great that it would further
> add to the already excessive build time and we've only just moved the
> otest out of trunk as it was a bit of a pain with the way they use
> externals. I can think of some things we could try to alleviate those
> issues:
>
> - remove some of the existing unit and itests which duplicate otests,
> may make things slightly quicker though probably not a huge difference

Also quite tricky to tell just where the overlap is.

> - first try to make some progress on the build restructure thread.
> Having this otest requirement may help motivate progress on that
> discussion

+1

> - get snapshots of the OASIS contributions published so the test
> runners can use those snapshots instead of needing the svn externals.
> If we can't get OASIS to do it we could just publish them ourselves.

+1 absolutely, hence the original post. If worst came to the worst, in
the short term, we should put them somewhere.

Mike, maven repo would suit us I think if you can get them published
somewhere. Thinking it through we would have to extend the test runner
pom with dependencies on all of the contribution modules. Then we'd
have to update org.oasis.sca.tests.assembly.contribution.location to
point to the local repo. Sound right?

Simon