On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO, using HTTP/GET to access the RPC style services is just a poor-man's
> web service. Don't go deeper to support complex types, don't try to support
> POST, because that will reinvent the wheels that either WS-*, REST, or
> JSONRPC already handles.

Support for http/get is certainly the one i'd like to see us
supporting first. The big reason why this is more useful than web
services or similar POX is it can use JSON so becomes more useful to
all the common browser tool kits. Its not jsonrpc as a lot of things
don't need or support that, and this also would work with jsonp so
would work cross domain.

> If you don't like the JAX-RS annotations to provide the @name for the
> parameters, maybe we can just support arg0, arg1, ..., argN or being
> positional. Anyway, JAX-WS/JAXB seems to have the "arg" conventions.

Ok that seems reasonable to also have in the default wireFormat. So
that wireFormat could do the parameter mapping as:

First if the binding configuration contains a mapping from query
parameter name to operation parameter then use that. Otherwise if the
service interface or impl uses jaxrs annotations to name the
parameters then use that mapping, otherwise if the query parameters
are name arg0, arg1 etc than use those names for the mapping,
otherwise use the order in the query string.

Sound ok?

   ...ant