> Ah right, I see. Hmmm. I'm afraid I don't have a quick answer to this
> other than stepping through each part of the infrastructure and
> setting out what adding multiple return types implies.
>
> Simon

So if we look at my earlier example, mapping return value(s) for
binding.jms wf.jmsObject to an ObjectMessage, I think it would be
reasonable to continue setting a "single" return value directly into
the ObjectMessage and also now, for multiple out/inouts, to set the
entire array of out values into the ObjectMessage.     We just don't
want a single return value getting wrapped in an array and set into
the ObjectMessage.

That suggests we could make this change in such a way that it's not
the bindings' job to worry about this new distinction, but Brent
probably has a better idea of where to make this change.   I just
wanted to point out the dependency, though I realize I didn't add much
to the solution here.