On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Florian MOGA <moga....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ant,
> I've been looking around and seen that node.xml is actually something
> already existing. Is this something we added or is it in the spec as well?

No the spec doesn't define anything for this, its one of those areas
where they've left a lot undefined to allow for flexibility. It does
seem like most SCA impls will need something like this though so maybe
one day the specs will define something.

> Indeed, it would add consistency if you can generate and load node.xml as
> well.
> The "run" command is exactly what I'm suggesting as well as the startup
> parameter. Didn't have the time to look deeper into the code but i believe
> it doesn't require major changes in the shell code.

Ok i've added an initial impl for a run command, you're right its not
too hard see http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1002991

> What do you think about a history/log feature? I'm thinking of something
> like logging all the commands you enter in the shell in a tuscany.log file
> in the directory from where you start the shell. This is helpful when you
> start doing configurations for a project and when you're done you already
> have a script with all your work. This is inspired by Spring Roo, you can
> check out their shell to get the feel of these features.

That sounds good too. Thats slightly more complicated when JLine is
being used as it already has its own history feature. I don't remember
exactly what JLine supports so that would need to be investigated.

   ...ant