> Great.
>
> I don't think the base-runtime should include OSGi or Jetty as that
> drags in dependencies not needed in many environments. It also
> shouldn't include all those dependencies that are included as standard
> in Java 1.6.
>
> I still think base-runtime should include most things that can be
> included without draging in extra dependencies as well as things where
> it makes sense to have the transitive dependencies be provided or
> optional scope. So implementation-web could be included as
> implementation-java is. Another example is http host support, there's
> host-jetty and host-webapp, both of those need the servlet api and
> host-jetty needs jetty, the servlet api can be provided scope as that
> will work for both cases and jetty could be optional so its not
> included by default.
>
>   ..ant

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this. I think we just need to
get the moving parts in the right place to build the distribution and
then tune the content accordingly.

I do wonder it there should be a separate "minimal" aggregation that
meets the needs of 80% of users that is separate from the base +
extension approach. Just a thought and something we can mull over
later.

Simon