Simon Laws wrote:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Simon Nash <n...@apache.org> wrote:
Raymond Feng wrote:
Are there any newer versions in public repos?
/________________________________________________________________ Raymond
Feng
rf...@apache.org <mailto:rf...@apache.org>
/Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
/
________________________________________________________________/

On Oct 12, 2010, at 6:36 AM, ant elder wrote:

The Tuscany runtime seems to now require jaxws-rt-2.1.7.jar or you get
various ws or xml failures but that jar isn't easily available in any
repo now, the only one i can find it in is the old java.net
<http://java.net> Maven 1.x
legacy repo but thats so slow the download always times out. Does
anyone know why we need this or if theres a different version that we
can use which is more easily available?

 ...ant
Where does this dependency come from?  I recently went through 1.6.1
checking for this and I was able to change all these dependencies
to jaxws-api except for a couple with test scope.

 Simon

In 2.x it appears in a number of places where native JAX-WS endpoints are used.

testing/compliance-tests/assembly/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-rt</arti
factId>
testing/compliance-tests/assembly/target/test-classes/META-INF/maven/org.apache.
tuscany.sca/tuscany-otests-asm-tests/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-rt</a
rtifactId>
testing/compliance-tests/binding-ws/target/test-classes/META-INF/maven/org.apach
e.tuscany.sca/tuscany-otests-sca-ws-tests/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-
rt</artifactId>
testing/compliance-tests/java-caa/target/test-classes/META-INF/maven/org.apache.
tuscany.sca/tuscany-otests-sca-j-caa-tests/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws
-rt</artifactId>
testing/compliance-tests/java-ci/target/test-classes/META-INF/maven/org.apache.t
uscany.sca/tuscany-otests-sca-j-ci-tests/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-r
t</artifactId>
testing/compliance-tests/policy/target/test-classes/META-INF/maven/org.apache.tu
scany.sca/tuscany-otests-policy-tests/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-rt</
artifactId>
testing/itest/databindings/jaxb-bottom-up/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-
rt</artifactId>
testing/itest/databindings/jaxb-top-down/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-r
t</artifactId>
testing/itest/ws/external-client/pom.xml:            <artifactId>jaxws-rt</artif
actId>

I can't speak directly to the otests but I don't see why we can't look
to get rid of it from the Tuscany specific ones to start with.

Simon

It should be possible to change itest/databindings/jaxb-bottom-up and
itest/databindings/jaxb-top-down to use jaxws-api instead of jaxws-rt.
I've already made this change in 1.6.1 under revision r1006269.

  Simon