On 22/01/2011 14:25, ant elder wrote:

The problem with doing that is that now the OASIS repo is also checked
for every artifact when building online which could add significantly
to the total build time.

Looking at the current repository definitions i think most of those
are old historical ones which we don't even need anymore so i'm going
to have a go a cleaning them up. For the ones we do still need i think
we should change to define them in the modules that actually require
them instead of the top level pom.xml as that should avoid them being
queried for irrelevant artifacts.

Besides all that why does that itest need to be using the oasis
version of the API's? The Tuscany version should work fine shouldn't
it (i tried it, it seems to)?

    ...ant

Ant,

I think the boot is on the other foot.

The SCA API jar is really one that belongs to OASIS - why does Tuscany have its own version of that jar, now that it is available from a Maven repo?

I understand that Tuscany had to have its own API module historically, but why
do that now?

Yours,  Mike.