On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First, I agree that we could use a better name for the first flag, for
> example:
> unwrapped or subjectToWrapping
> true: the parameters are child elements of the wrapper (doc-lit-wrapper or
> RPC wrapper)
> false: the parameter is already a wrapper element ((doc-lit-wrapper or RPC
> wrapper)) or root element (doc-lit)

I think "subjectToWrapping" does the best job so far in capturing the
spirit of what we're going for.  It's also clearly a new term whereas
"wrapped" already comes with existing connotations... which is also
nice.

> Generating the WSDL from a bare style java method is tricky because the bare
> method can be from either a doc-lit-wrapper WSDL or doc-lit-plain WSDL.
> GetQuoteResponse getQuote(GetQuote quote);
> We might to use some logic to test if this is from a doc-lit-wrapper WSDL
> operation by looking at the method name and in/out XML elements (JAXB root
> elements). Then we could have different flag b settings.

I'm not sure I understand the simpler cases yet, so won't comment on
this one just yet but it's good we keep it in mind.

> In your 1st example, we end up set the wrapperRequired to be true even it's
> bare.

Now I'm confused.... You'd written earlier about 'wrapperRequired':

> b) is set to true if (@SOAPBinding.parameterStyle == ParameterStyle.WRAPPED
> && @SOAPBinding.style= Style.DOCUMENT) || > @SOAPBinding.style= Style.RPC

My first example had ParameterStyle.BARE on the Java.

Are you revising this now?  Or are you and I each referring to a
different example?

Scott