On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:12 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Simon Nash <n...@apache.org> wrote:
>> ant elder wrote:

>>> Does anyone know how to do that? It sounds like something someone else
>>> must have wanted to do before, i guess with the assmbly plugin you
>>> must be able to find the local repo and include that in a
>>> distribution?
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>

>> I think the main problem comes when the user wants to use maven to load
>> jars from some place on the file system other than the local maven repo.
>> I spent a bit of time a few months ago looking for a way to do that,
>> but I didn't find one.
>>
>>  Simon
>>

> I've now spent a bit of time trying to do this too without much
> success with any automated way. You'd think you should be able to use
> the assembly plugin and copy files from somewhere like
> ${maven.repo.local} but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any
> other ideas ?
>
>   ...ant

What was the process you were hoping to follow Ant? It sounds like:

1/ build the Tuscany source to popular .m2/respository
2/ create a distribution which packages .m2/resposityr maintaining the
same structure
3/ install the distribution with the packages respository intact
4/ run mvn but point it at the repository installed from the distribution

is that close?

Simon