On 03/11/2011 05:26 AM, Eranda Sooriyabandara wrote:
Hi Jean-Sebastien,
Thanks for interesting the project and glad have you as the project mentor.
If you can show me some points which I need to do/look as a start up with
this project, that would be great.

thanks

Hi Eranda,

Here are a few things you could start with:

- Start to create the project proposal on our Wiki [1]. This will allow the Tuscany community to engage with you and provide help, comments and review.

- Install the latest Tuscany 2.0 release, also get the Tuscany 2.0 trunk and set up your environment to build it.

- Try a few Tuscany 2.0 samples. Once you're familiar with the concepts of composite, component and the SCA APIs, perhaps look at the samples that use collections of data (e.g. applications/store) and the REST samples, as they could give you some ideas on how to shape your data store components and have them play well with REST patterns.

It's been a long time since I've looked at our REST samples, but don't hesitate to ask any questions you have on the mailing list and if I I'm not able to answer everything, I'm sure others on the list will jump in.

One more thing. The last few years the GSoC had posted general tips, guidelines, sample proposals etc to help people write their proposals. If nobody else beats me to it, I'll try to find these links and see if there's updated ones this year.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANYWIKI/home.html
--
Jean-Sebastien