On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> You can use the Shell load command with one of those node.xml files.
>> The name "load" to match the TuscanyRuntime loadFromXML method. I've
>> just updated the startDeployables attribute to default to true which
>> answers the comment in the Tuscany class about how to start it, and
>> that also means it no longer needs the explicit <deploymentComposite>
>> element.
>>

> The bit I'm more interested in is how the domain looks on disc. I
> don't think we've done anything with this since the domain manager
> support in 1.x I'm interested in being able to construct the domain on
> disc and then fire up the runtime to represent it (the firing up bit
> is where we could use the shell to load XML files). As opposed to
> dynamically creating the domain configuration one part at a time via
> the api. Maybe another way to look at this is to ask the question -
> what would the result look like if we asked the shell to save it's
> configuration to disc.

The shell save command isn't implemented yet, if you do help save it
does describe what i thought it could do.

The load command supports an xml file format similar to the old one.
The <contribution> element has attributes for all the arguments of the
shell install command, the old Node API doesn't support all of those
so not the startDeployables, metaData or dependent contribution URIs
attributes. The only other part of the file thats used by the
Shell/TuscanyRuntime is the domainURI attribute.

    ...ant