On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanna get clarified whether what I am doing now is what you have
> expected.
>
> Now, I am creating a whole new Maven project which has no connection to
> Tuscany trunk.

If you find it easy enough to create a whole new project then that is
fine for the prototype experiments that you're doing presently, for
any code that you want to eventually include in the Tuscany build then
that would need to use the Tuscany parent pom's when it gets added to
the build so it might be easiest starting off using that. Even for
code that you have no intention of adding to the Tuscany build it
might be easiest to start with a Tuscany pom.xml as then you can
inherit all the plugin config for things like the compiler, testing,
etc which will help make things simple. Its easy to start with a
tuscany one, just copy one of the Tuscany pom.xml's to your project,
eg the pom.xml at [1], and in that delete the old <dependency>'s and
the <plugin>'s elements, and change the <artifactId> and <name> for
your project name.

(I've pointed you at one of the Tuscany sample pom.xml's because if
you use a module one then it has requirements on including things like
manifests and legal files that you really don't need to worry about
yet)

   ...ant

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/samples/getting-started/helloworld/pom.xml