On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Greg Dritschler
<greg.dritsch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having some trouble with getting the input to an asynchronous service
> operation processed correctly using a JAXB databinding.   I have tracked it
> down to the following:
> * JAXWSJavaInterfaceProcessor introspects the actual asynchronous Java
> interface (i.e. the one with xxxAsync methods), and sets wrapper information
> into the Operation objects.
> * Subsequently when JavaInterfaceImpl.getOperations() is called, it
> constructs a list of equivalent synchronous Operation objects and returns
> that.  These Operation objects lack the wrapper information.
> It seems like JAXWSJavaInterfaceProcessor, and possibly other introspectors,
> need to be made sensitive to whether an asynchronous service interface is
> being processed and adjust accordingly (e.g. not treat ResposeDispatch as
> part of the business interface).
> It seems like JavaInterfaceImpl.getOperations() needs to preserve the work
> of the introspectors by copying/cloning the original Operation elements.  Or
> maybe JavaInterfaceIntrospectorImpl should just build the Operation elements
> correctly in the first place?  Is there any reason to build them for the
> original async interface and then try to swizzle them at the end?  That
> approach seems to hope it can hide the impact of async, but I'm not sure
> whether that's a good idea or not.
> Greg

I've raised TUSCANY-3934 for this, and its related to TUSCANY-3931 too.

I think i agree it seems like it might be better for
JavaInterfaceIntrospectorImpl to just build the Operation elements
correctly in the first place. I'm going to give that approach a go
anyway and see how it turns out.

   ...ant