On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Greg Dritschler
<greg.dritsch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aren't binding builders run before the policy builder?  If so, the binding
> builder will have a hard time figuring out whether to add the default intent
> because intents specified at higher levels (above the binding) won't have
> been propagated down yet.
> Greg

Hmmm, good spot. So if we're to do this in the builder we would need
to have a separate operation that comes after that policy processing
step. The problem then is that the endpoint/endpoint reference model
is inconsistent. It probably doesn't matter for mayProvides but it
seems untidy. I'm thinking then I should switch to the other option of
putting an operation on the model that returns the default intent so
that, if all else fails, the runtime can ask what the default is, if
there is one. The default won't then appear in any of the intent lists
and of course there won't be any policy as we're just talking about
mayProvides intents here.

Simon