Hi all,

I'm newbie to open source project development. I wanted to make some
contributions to Tuscany. I had some doubts about this. Sorry if it looks
silly.

*This is my current set up:*
Have experience in using eclipse ide for any project development and have
it installed.
Have svn, git and maven installed in via terminal.
Installed m2e maven plugin in eclipse to import the sample projects.

*Doubts. *
I know how svn, git and maven works in ide. But, I'd like to know the
process involved from checking out src code to creating a patch most
suitable for this situation. How do you guys do it? purely via terminal or
via ide?

If we use svn,git and maven via terminal how do we do the file edits?

If we do the file edits via ide how do we create the patches and builds? Is
it via respective plugins?

--

Thanks and regards....

May God Bless us!