Yeah, that makes sense. I can give the skeleton of the server and we can build 
from there. The JSON-RPC spec is quite well defined. There’s still some special 
edge cases like error cases to cover, but we can aim for it over time.

I also have a bit of a JSON-RPC client in the works that I used for the wallet 
app to send transactions to the client, we can use that as well to test and 
complete certification.

That said, for a UI, especially block explorer, you’ll see it’s not a great 
API. It’s only using POST and it’s quite hard to cache. I think it’s ok if we 
create an additional REST API just for the UI needs imo.

> On May 17, 2021, at 2:24 PM, nicolas melendez <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Oh 2 times the email! :p
> 
> On Monday, May 17, 2021, nicolas melendez <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> I see the need of the JSON-RPC. Would be awesome to have it as we can
>> créate Noh only web UI, also cli, desktop and mobile. We or other open
>> source projects. The effort should be there, I don’t know if we can split
>> tasks. Something like you do the skeleton and I implement some features. Or
>> maybe you want it solo and I improve another part. You tell me. Making UI
>> using the JSON RPC is a good way to market tuweni.
>> 
>> On Monday, May 17, 2021, nicolas melendez <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Antoine, now i see the importance of the JSON-RPC, I think we
>>> would put effort there like you said. That way we give a great interface to
>>> front-end that could be us probably but also others open source project
>>> that want to join and  It is not only web, JSON-RPC enables  web, cli,
>>> desktop, mobile.
>>> I don't how we can split the work.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> El sáb, 15 may 2021 a las 16:05, Antoine Toulme (<[email protected]>)
>>> escribió:
>>> 
>>>> Good question.
>>>> 
>>>> I am actually having this issue right now for the Astor testnet:
>>>> https://twitter.com/_tmio/status/1393239675901333509 <
>>>> https://twitter.com/_tmio/status/1393239675901333509>
>>>> 
>>>> I cannot find a good explorer that simply renders blocks and
>>>> transactions without requiring a whole lot of work and ops, such as running
>>>> a Postgres database next to it.
>>>> 
>>>> Ideally, I’d like it if we could visualize the contents of the chain,
>>>> however basically, to see what blocks and transactions are present.
>>>> In the absence of a good JSON-RPC service, having a simple rendering -
>>>> like a UI where you can see pages of blocks, transactions in a block,
>>>> search one block by number or hash, search transaction by hash, would go a
>>>> long way when we develop and debug what the client does.
>>>> 
>>>> Even with a JSON-RPC service, you’d need to debug stuff.
>>>> 
>>>> We can use metrics to record and see what’s up, but it’s not going to
>>>> help when you need to dive in and see what we have in our repository.
>>>> 
>>>> So that’s the general idea I have in mind. We already have a good
>>>> BlockchainRepository which exposes a bunch of interesting methods, just
>>>> expose them over REST and we can build some basic UI around it.
>>>> 
>>>> We have a UI project already for the client, with a simple static HTML +
>>>> Vue.js code that requests info from the server. That’s just good enough to
>>>> get us by imo.
>>>> 
>>>> Let me know what you think!
>>>> 
>>>> Antoine
>>>> 
>>>>> On May 14, 2021, at 11:04 AM, nicolas melendez <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> "block explorer" in white would be something similar to
>>>> https://etherscan.io/ <https://etherscan.io/> ?  or that maybe is UI +
>>>> block Explorer.
>>>>> 
>>>>> El vie, 14 may 2021 a las 13:14, Antoine Toulme (<[email protected]
>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>>) escribió:
>>>>> Hey folks,
>>>>> 
>>>>> I took a stab at a map of missing components for the Tuweni Ethereum
>>>> client.
>>>>> 
>>>>> We have the outer components more or less in working shape.
>>>>> We need time on the internals of the client, explicitly around
>>>> transaction, block validator and processor.
>>>>> 
>>>>> In green are the elements that are “done”, and in red, the ones
>>>> crucially missing.
>>>>> 
>>>>> The component that can help unblock and run tests against the internal
>>>> is a JSON-RPC server, so we can call into the client.
>>>>> 
>>>>> In grey are items with much lower priority, but are cool :)
>>>>> 
>>>>> In white are items that need to be assessed.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Please let me know what you think.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> 
>>>>> Antoine
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> --
>>>>> NM
>>>>> Nicolás Meléndez
>>>>> blog.melendez.com.ar  <http://blog.melendez.com.ar/>
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> 
>>> *NMNicolás Meléndez*
>>> *blog.melendez.com.ar  <http://blog.melendez.com.ar>*
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> *NMNicolás Meléndez*
>> *blog.melendez.com.ar  <http://blog.melendez.com.ar>*
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> *NMNicolás Meléndez*
> *blog.melendez.com.ar  <http://blog.melendez.com.ar>*


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to