Hi Mathias,

> I would like to come back to the question: do we still need "old style"
> services except for backward compatibility?
> If I say:
>
> We don't need them. The only useful purpose they can serve is some
> flexibility in service design that is desirable for *some* kinds of
> service. Thus we should think about a more explicit way of specifying
> such "services".
>
> Can we agree here?

Yes.

I somehow like the old-style services because I am a lazy developer ;),
simply because the implementations are easier in some aspects. However,
none of those has tempted me enough to still use them, since new style
UNO is admittedly better for the clients of my API.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -