@setori88: You should not modify neither redirect.ini nor soffice.ini (likely, OOo will not work at all if you do so). Rather, in the environment where you start OOo's python.exe, you need to set the environment variable URE_BOOTSTRAP, to either something like either

  file:///C:/Program%20Files/OpenOffice.org%203/program/fundamental.ini

or

vnd.sun.star.pathname:C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\fundamental.ini

(adapted to your actual OOo installation path).

@jbu: However, when I try the scenario described by setori88 on a Win XP box (execute

[C:\] "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\swriter.exe" -accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp [C:\] set URE_BOOTSTRAP=vnd.sun.star.pathname:C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\fun [C:\] "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\python.exe" C:\hello_world.py

where hello_world.py is as given at <http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html>) I get the error

 Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\\hello_world.py", line 11, in ?
ctx = resolver.resolve( "uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ComponentContext" ) __main__.com.sun.star.connection.NoConnectException: Connector : couldn't connect to socket (WSANOTINITIALISED, WSAStartup() has not been called)

instead. Seen that before? Any idea whether it is a fault of python.exe or of URE?

Also, I have to admit I lost track why the problem of python.exe not working on Windows due to missing URE_BOOTSTRAP exists at all. On Unix, we solved the problem (at least for those OOo builds that use OOo's own python executable, not a system one) with an appropriate python shell script wrapper around a python.bin. On Windows, such a wrapper appears to be missing. Was that an oversight, or did we have any reason to do it that way? Does an issue exist for this problem?

-Stephan