On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Stephan Bergmann
<stephan.bergm...@sun.com> wrote:
> On 05/19/09 16:04, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
>>
>> Anybody?

Actually I unzip the odt, and play around with content.xml. After few
tests I noticed that my odt file was not changing, and that fields
were already pointing to the xml I've imported to an instance.
(file://home/lucas/tmp/mydata.xml)

What does that mean?

It means you can:
1.  create a "new x form"
2. go to "insert -> existing document", insert your form that you did
in open office. (letters, mailing lists, documents, id cards)
3. Import your xml data file (instance)
4. Start drag and drop fields into proper placed on the form.
5. Now if you update or replace mydata.xml with new information in it,
the odt will get automatically updated. You can can generate forms for
each xml and print them or create pdf.

I guess I could replace my find replace code with this...I wonder
which one will be faster to print 100+ documents a day.

Now if I only could find out how to make a group field out of
"firstname" and "last name" and how to do a for loop to add total per
item.

You can do forms in openoffice and replace your "fox pro", custom
templates pdf for the basic forms at least.

Thanks,
Lucas