I worked with a similar tool many years back to get our Java applications running on
embedded devices.
The reason why it works so well is, that it can remove all the code from the libraries your app doesn't use.

If somebody has a requirement for it they would probably just want to run it over everything. People who don't have a requirement for it probably don't really care if the jar has a few mb or a few hundred kb.

Jörn