You are correct, in the edge case we saw earlier that triggered this line of
thinking.

If a user constructs a pipeline without PEARs, all the user code called by the
framework is normally also loaded by the UIMA framework via that extension class
loader. So normally, components using a resource manager with a custom extension
classloader won't encounter this.

But I'll take a crack at adding this to the docs... :-)

-Marshall