On 01.11.2017, at 11:46, Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed it is true that many people have a hard time to get started
> with git, and it was also the same for me, but once you get it, it
> seems very natural way of doing things because it allows to influence
> every commit to the last detail before you send it in via a PR and
> merge it.

There is something related in SVN that I find increasingly annoying
now that I know git: SVN does not support committing partial changes
from a file.

In git, I can inspect all changes in my workspace and if a file
contains some changes I want to commit and some that I don't want
to commit, then I can simply select which lines should be included
and which not. As far as I know, there is nothing like that in SVN.

Cheers,

-- Richard