[x] +1 OK to move from ASF Subversion to GitHub

Peter

Am 27.01.2023 um 13:48 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
Hi all,

some time back, we have had some votes regarding moving individual sub-projects
of UIMA from Subversion to Git(Hub).
I kind of ticked it off in my head that eventually we would move everything
over it being just a matter of time and
resources to happen. In fact, in the mean time, I have moved various parts of
the code from subversion to GitHub such
as the UIMA parent pom, build resources, etc.

Today I found out that we have to projects on GitHub which we have no write
access to because they are still configured
as mirrors of our subversion:

* https://github.com/apache/uima-sandbox
* https://github.com/apache/uima-ducc

While at least DUCC has already had its vote to be retired, I would prefer it
being retired on Git than on Subversion.

So I asked INFRA if they could switch those repos properly over to git. They in
turn asked for a discussion on our list.
I actually thought we already had a general vote to move code over to Git(Hub),
but searching in the archives, I did not
find one (only for individual sub-projects).

So... tl;dr: I propose that we move any and all code of the Apache UIMA project
from subversion to Git(Hub).

This will not happen immediately, but whenever I need to reference a discussion
to go ahead, this vote would be it.

Note that per ASF policy, the project's GitHub repositories are mirrored at the
ASF using the ASF gitbox service:

   https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf

So even when we use the repos on GitHub as the canonical point of contact, ASF
always keeps the official records.

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

The vote will remain open for at least 72h - please vote!

Cheers,

-- Richard

--
Dr. Peter Klügl