Hi Frederico,

Here's my thoughts on the 3 logos.

velocity-project.png:
 - I love it!  I like the book, the proportions, the prominence of
"DocBook", the colors, and the font.  The only possible improvement
would be to put the "D" and "B" in Docbook and the "F" in framework in
the color of that the "W" in framework currently is and turn the "W"
back to black.  This would emphasize the "DBF" initials which we
sometimes use as an acronym for the project.

(though i think we should go with the first one, i'll give feedback on
the rest anyway)

velocity-project2.png
- The dimensions and proportion are problematic here.  We'd have
trouble fitting it at the top right of Docbook Framework's web pages.
- The font is ok, but not that eye catching.
- Again, i like the emphasis (this time via color) on "DocBook".
- I don't understand the dots around the diamond.

Snapshot-1.png
- The dimensions are still a bit awkward, but much better than
velocity-project2.png
- I really like the blue striping with the word "VELOCITY".  It gives
a sense of "velocity" or momentum better (in my opinion) than our
current logo for Velocity Engine.  Perhaps you could help us redesign
that logo? :)
- I also like the font for "DocBook", but i really don't like the wavy
glyph or the script font used for "Framework".  It doesn't fit the
rest of the logo or really even the meaning of the word.

Seriously, i could see us turning Snapshot-1.png into a new, better
logo for Velocity Engine.  Just increase the size of "Velocity", drop
the wavy glyph and "framework", then change "DocBook" to "Engine"
(keep the font) and decrease it's size a bit so that "Velocity"
dominates the logo.  We might even be able to work in the rotational
velocity image from the current logo, to keep things familiar.   It
wouldn't be part of the GHOP contest since i believe it is too late to
add it as an additional task, but if you're interested in continuing
to help out when the contest is done, let us know.  I think this has
some real potential! :)