ok, here's my "vote"...

> 1) First draft, I didn't like it very much:
> http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/shadowpwner/ApacheVelocityTools.png

Having now been much influenced by my wife's thoughts :), this would
now be my favorite if it were in the colors of #2, with the word
"Tools" in thin font (again like #2).

> 2)
> http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/shadowpwner/ApacheVelocityTools2.png

if i must pick from these exact options (no changes), then this is my favorite.

> 3a)
> http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/shadowpwner/?action=view&current=ApacheVelocityTools3Solid.png
> 3b)
> http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/shadowpwner/ApacheVelocityTools3Gradient.png
>
> If you don't like any of the logos, please speak up so I can hopefully
> design another one that you think looks good. :)

a blend between #1 and #2 would be nice, if you're up for it. :)