On Dec 18, 2007 7:18 PM, Edward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the rest of the community that don't know; I was selected to do
> VelocityTexen's logo.

Just to clarify: "selected" means that the task was put out there, you
claimed it and i said "cool". :)

Also, Texen's logo only needs to say "Texen".  Though, *if* it looks
nice and/or *if* you want to or think it would look good, it could
also include the word "Velocity", but as a separate word and ideally
less prominent.  I believe i already mentioned this in the comments of
the task, but thought i should remind you since you seem to be calling
it "VelocityTexen". :)  Please be sure to review the task details and
comments:
http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=30

> Since we're about 50/50 on the logo choosing proposition, we could (and this
> is my opinion only) use one logo for VelocityTexen and one logo for
> VelocityTools. Before you reply, however, I want to say something in
> advance: please don't think of me as being lazy after creating the logo for
> VelocityTools. I just feel that it would be beneficial because one of the
> logos I created for VelocityTools (the most recently updated one) I feel
> that it would work better for VelocityTexen. (Both have the initials of VT.)

Efficiency (the encouraged form of laziness) is great (an excellent
quality for anyone working in software!), but my preference in this
situation would be to have something different.  None of the other
Velocity subprojects have look-alike logos, and i think that works
well.  For reference, here's what we have for our projects so far:

Anakia:  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANAKIA-5
Docbook Framework:  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBF-8
Engine:  http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/images/velocity-logo.png
VelocityTools:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELTOOLS-92

Since Texen is not any closer related to VelocityTools than any of the
others, i think it might cause confusion if their logos are much more
similar to each other than to the rest.

> However, if the people here at Velocity think that I should develop a new
> logo, by all means, I will try.

it is ultimately your call what you want to contribute though.  :)