Gary,

Gary Bentley wrote:
Many thanks for the responses. They are both very helpful. I think at this point I'll go for Chris's suggestion since that will be easier to implement. There are some differences between the way that JoSQL and Velocity works so there will be limitations but overall I think it will be easier this way.

I think they can complement each other very well: JoSQL seems very self-contained, so you can easily create a re-usable "tool" that is shareable across Context instances (Velocity Tools will put a tool like this into "application" scope for a webapp), and Velocity operates on any collection/iterator/array of objects generically.

So, you can simply write a method that takes one collection of objects and emits another one (or an iterator) and use it directly.

Show us what you've got when you've got it. Your tool definitely looks very interesting (though I'm not sure why you have to SELECT * FROM [class name]... I suppose you needed something in there!).

Good luck,
-chris