I've always imagined a macro as a function, but as the name says, the
macro body is expanded at parsing time in the current template. This has
the advantage to have the template tree in memory and the rendering
speed is the fastest possible.

What I need is more like calling a template as a function(which behave
like a function) in the context of the current execution context(same
context, same writer) without too much overhead.

I will try to implement something like that and I will publish the
result, maybe it will be useful for somebody else.

Thanks.

Massip, Etienne wrote:
A dynamic call of a parameter-given name is a minimal parsing, but still is, preventing
any kind of "compile-time linkage" from being done.

The "expression" seems to be known only at template-parsing-time, isn't it ?

I think

#call('render'+$component.type $component)

makes very little difference with

#evaluate('#render' + $component.type + '($component)')

If the evaluate directive really performs poorly, then maybe it should be a
good idea to speed it up other than create a new and specialized one ?