Weex has been incubating at ASF since 2016-06-30, but the community is
still lacking activity, documents and tools are still not user-friendly or
easy-to-use. We have to say that, Weex isn't doing well in the community,
so I conceived a plan to improve them.

I summarized two main problems of Weex community:

  (1) The quality of documents and tools.
  (2) Information asymmetry.

For the (1) problem, Weex's documents are outdated and not accurate enough.
There is no other way, we have to review or even rewrite them. We can
arrange 1or 2 months time to do that together. It should be a one-off task
if we really write them well. Moreover, I suggest allowing readers to rate
each document and rewrite most low-rate document every (one or two) week.

As for the tools, we have three of them: the online editor (dotwe.org), the
playground app, and the command line toolkit. But they are too simple and
not stable enough. We should improve them as an integrated product, make it
easy-to-use and stable.

For the (2) problem, the main reason is Weex contributors don't like to
share their ideas and what they are actually doing. The community can't see
any clear development progress except those unreadable commit logs. And
worse, we haven't given timely feedback to the issues and feature requests,
we just ignored them actually, which will disappoint the community.

To solve it, I think we should migrate the workflow to the mailing list.
Assign specific contributors to be responsible for managing community
affairs in turn, until every core members know how it works and can handle
those affairs on their own initiative.

In summary, the key points are as follows:

1. Share ideas and development progress in the mailing list regularly.
2. Manage community affairs (issues, podling report, etc) in turn.
3. Update the structure of the website and review/rewrite all documents.
4. Rewrite most low-rate document every week.
5. Refactor the online editor, playground app, toolkit to offer consistent
and stable service.
6. Allow community developers to explore and publish tutorials or examples
efficiently.

I encourage all contributors to take part in it. Let's make Weex much
better and build a healthy community.

Best Regards,
Hanks Zhang