> The source I'm referring to says otherwise[1], but you may have a better
> source.

After carefully review License File in Webkit source code [1], I didn't
find any fact could support the idea that JavaScriptCore is under LGPL as
there is no standalone LICENSE file for JavaScriptCore. *So I think that
JavaScriptCore is also under dual-license as Webkit does.*

This would still be OK if, at runtime, another implementation could be used
> in place of this LGPL component.

 There is another implementation for JavaScript interpretator called V8 ,
which is under BSD License [2]. But users must write some extra code to
switch to V8 as the header files between V8 and JavaScriptCore are not
compatible. I'm not sure whether we could call it runtime replaceable.

[1]
https://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/releases/WebKitGTK/webkit-2.17.4/Source/JavaScriptCore/
[2] https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8.git/+/master/LICENSE

Best Regards,