Hi Johan,

why is it that you dont have any problems with a single method:
Iterator<IModel<T>

that's pretty easy to explain:

I have a Model that's defined as:

class IdLoadableDetachableModel[T]( id: Int, idLoader: Int => T )
{
  @Override protected def load: T = idLoader( id )
}

I can provide a reference to the method to load the actual object, so there's no overhead when using an Iterator<IModel<T>>.

When using the current 1.4 approach, I'd have to load T within Iterator just to make it a detachable Model again (which is quite dumb IMHO).

The abstraction I have goes still further (so I can use my DataProvider for all lists returning an id-lists and just get the load-method provided) - but you get the point.

Regards, --- Jan.