>  It's very easy to say this, but the way Wicket is designed, we use property
>  names all over the place, so this forces us to use reflection when we sort.

There's nothing in Wicket's design that points to using property
models though. (Compound)PropertyModels are very convenient to use,
and that's why they show up at many examples, but we've been telling
the community for years that you have to be aware of a) the fact that
it breaks static typing and b) there is a slight performance impact.

Now, I don't think the performance impact is a big deal for most
people, as the bottlenecks are usually somewhere else (database access
and stuff). I know for sure it hasn't been a problem for any of the
projects I worked on with Wicket. But if it is for you, the best way
is to not use models that use introspection. There's nothing wrong or
anti-Wicket about using such models. It will mean that you'll get more
LOC, but it's good for performance, and as your models won't break
static typing, it'll be easier when it comes to refactoring and code
navigation (like finding out where certain objects are accessed).

Eelco