Note that if Johan is correct that the wicket interface will never be there
then this logic (rewritten and as it appears in my patch) can be removed:

        // the page map name should be defined already by logic done in
        // WebRequestCodingStrategy.decode(), but if not there, check
        // parameters.  We always remove the interface parameter just in
case.
        String pageMapNameEncoded =
(String)parameters.remove(WebRequestCodingStrategy.PAGEMAP);
                if (requestParameters.getPageMapName() == null)
                {
                        requestParameters.setPageMapName(pageMapNameEncoded);
                }

        // the interface should be defined already by logic done in
        // WebRequestCodingStrategy.decode(), but if not there, check
        // parameters.  We always remove the pagemap parameter just in case.
        String interfaceParameter =
(String)parameters.remove(WebRequestCodingStrategy.INTERFACE_PARAMETER_NAME);
        if (requestParameters.getInterfaceName() == null)
        {

WebRequestCodingStrategy.addInterfaceParameters(interfaceParameter,
requestParameters);
        }

Basically, it depends on what Eelco was thinking when he originally wrote
this.