I'd be -1 as well, for the same reason - backwards compatibility.  I never
have liked wicket:link (don't use it at all myself), but I also came from
Tapestry and am VERY against big backwards-compatibility breaks unless there
is a valid argument (something that will make an improvement, not "we don't
want feature requests against this").

Just my 0.02....

--
Jeremy Thomerson