The vote has passed with 6 +1 votes (binding), 1 +1 vote (binding) and no 0 and -1.

I will upload to mirrors and announce when available.

Thank you all for voting.

Frank

On 02/02/2009, at 20.33, Frank Bille Jensen wrote:

Hey all,

This is the second try on the 1.4-rc2. The first try was cancelled due to code errors.

I have build the second release candidate of version 1.4 and put it on my p.a.o account for you to test.

Maven repo:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.4-rc2/m2-repo/

RAT log:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.4-rc2/apache-wicket-1.4-rc2.rat.log

The artifacts has been build and signed by me, so use this KEYS file to verify that they have not been modified along the way:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.4-rc2/dist/KEYS

It's the usual procedure: We, as a community (and specially the PMC members) are to make sure that the release is solid both technically but also legally. Therefore if you have the time here some examples on what to test in the release:

- Run "mvn clean install" in the distribution to make sure that it builds, tests run without failures and installs correctly in you environment. - Run "mvn jetty:run" in the wicket-examples directory in the distribution to run a jetty server with the examples. Then point a browser to http://localhost:8080/wicket-examples and click around. The more browsers/operating system combinations the better. - Look through the RAT log to see if there is anything that looks wrong in terms of which files should have a license header.
- Verify the signatures of the files matches my public key.
- Try out the maven repo with your project to see if it works as expected. - Look through the distribution in general to see that it looks as expected and that the files there contain what is expected (this is a bit vague, but follow your intuition. And YES, this time the javadocs ARE included.. so please check them as well)

[ ] Yes release Apache Wicket 1.4 RC2
[ ] No, don't release because....