Sorry for bumping, but this was never resolved and seems like an important
issue.

Jörn Zaefferer-2 wrote:

> Please stop mixing stateless and static. Thank you.

Let's try not to. Any clue how to serve static content (i.e. javascripts)
that would be cacheable. I cannot imagine that Wicket team would see a
situation where i.e. jquery.js included by wickext project wouldn't be
cacheable as a proper one. In a situation as is all resources served by
plugins / components can only be cached while the session lasts. I would
call this as highly undesirable.