Hi,

actually the changes in 1.5 might be quite drastic as far as wicket
internals are concerned. I've already rewritten the request cycle, url
processing and page management. I'm not sure how much of it will
actually get to trunk though. You can take a look at the code here if
you are interested:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/sandbox/knopp/experimental/wicket-ng/

Note that this is pretty much a prototype. While the request cycle,
url processing and page management work, the rest of wicket is more or
less mocked.

Also right now it only covers regular request processing. I don't know
enough about portlets to build in portlet support. I'm not even sure
the architecture is flexible enough to allow seamless portlet
integration. That said, it would be much probably lot easier and
cleaner to refactor this code than to add add portlets to existing
wicket trunk - which always feel like a hack to me.

-Matej