I'll try to find some time to write an overview of the experimental
branch. But the code is an order of magnitude simpler than current
Wicket codes and about the same amount less tangled. It also does lot
less though :) (some of that is intentional).

I have basically rewritten the most messy parts of Wicket (request
cycle, url processing, page management). Some of it is done, some
still needs work. It is however not a drop in replacement for current
wicket internals. It will require substantial effort to integrate. So
before I even consider doing that I'd really like for some people to
take a look at it.

Also I'm not sure if the architecture is flexible enough to support
portlets without having to do various hacks like in current wicket. So
it would be really nice if someone who has experience with building
support for portlets took a look and told me what needs to be
improved.

-Matej