What do you mean by "rebuilds"?  Wicket is designed so that links
(non-bookmarkable ones at least) will always "point" back at the page
from whence they came, so that their state remains consistent.  So, if
you mean that the link seems to be dealing with the same page instance
that it came from, then that's how it's supposed to work.