On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Martijn Dashorst
<martijn.dasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But how does your user "select" the row?  Clicking a checkbox or what?  Do
>> you need an ajax event for each?
>
> The user has to underline the row with a marker to select it.

But, if they scroll, won't the marker just stay where it is on the
monitor and then the selection will change?  Perhaps we should require
that they wipe off the marker first, then scroll, then re-underline.
That should do the trick.  Better yet, the user should use a permanent
marker on their monitor.  They should write "This row is selected ->"
and all they have to do is scroll their screen so that the row they
want to select is pointed to by the marker.  That way, it can be
re-used on any web page with no code changes!