I think Wicket is listed as semi-compatible because it requires some
customization (override some methods, change some configuration) to make it
work, not because its internals are inherently incompatible to GAE, or
because it has some incompatible visual components.

Such customization are simply disabling resource polling, enabling sessions
and persisting the session store in the HttpSession, and those shouldn't
change, since the defaults shoud target to the plain-old Java web
application, not GAE.

Some things could be done to improve GAE support, such as eliminating
javax.swing dependencies (from the Tree component), but I think nothing one
could do would change the classification from semi-compatible to compatible
in that listing. Unless, of course, GAE turns to be the main target for
Wicket (which I don't think is the case).

my 2c,

Tetsuo