> Make onInitialize final on pages is an good idea. It is designed to
> children have a guaranty that the path to page exists, not to
> guaranty that an parent has all its children on the hierarchy
> already. So it is fairly more useful to children than for parent
> components. I just don't know if that change implies in rename the
> onInitialize to notifyHierarchy or similar.

While I think making onInitialize final for Pages is a *valid*
solution, I think it is not really useful. I still can have the same
problem in Pages that onInitialize is trying to solve for Components:
That some things can only be done once *all* constructors have run.
With Components, I can use onInitialize. I would really like to be able
to do the same for Pages.

Carl-Eric
www.wicketbuch.de