FYI, I've just tried to modify Fix version as a "random user", and I couldn't do it. I neither could set it during ticket-creation.

Peter

there are some that are assigned for 1.6 because we are not fixing
them in 1.5. lets not touch those. we need to be able to assign to
future versions. i think we can keep things assigned to 1.5.0 for
things that need to be fixed before the final comes out and reassign
them to milestones as we are fixing them. ie we need to be able to
communicate:

this issue cannot be fixed in the next minor release - maybe because
it breaks api
this issue cannot be fixed in the next major release - maybe its
outside of scope
this issue is scheduled post next major release - starting to create the roadmap

so i dont think fix versions are bad, what is bad is that people other
then developers can assign them.

-igor