On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Juergen Donnerstag <
juergen.donners...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In 1.5 trunk WebSession has a transient variable dirty which is set to
> true when dirty() is called. But I don't see that the dirty variable
> is used anywhere. Is that by purpose? How does it work?
>
> -Juergen

It seems this boolean is a leftover from 1.4 and should be removed.

The Session object is written as attribute in the http session
via
org.apache.wicket.page.PersistentPageManager.PersitentRequestAdapter.storeTouchedPages(List<IManageablePage>)
which calls
org.apache.wicket.page.PersistentPageManager.PersitentRequestAdapter.getSessionEntry(boolean)
and this either calls bind() (set as attribute) or update (remove+add the
attribute).