>  Analysis is the a background process that parses the file and highlights
> errors, warnings, etc while you type.  Eclipse has the same, though the name
> may be different.  It's slow in Scala, like compilation is.

If it is slow then it is pain. Computer speeds might enhance faster than ides ;)

>  Yes, it gives you context help.  It's very helpful with a caveat:  in
> Scala, there are several implicit conversions (String to RichString, etc)
> that may take place depending on what method you invoke.  IDEA tries to be
> smart and preview the methods that would be accessible if any valid
> transformation for your current type would be accessible, resulting in too
> many matches.

Ouch.

What I hate about java is its one-dimensionality... ehh.. say you have:

object man
object man carrying bag
bag carrying pencil case.

Now I want the man to hand me the pencil, I must implement:
* man.getpencil->man.getbag.getpencil
* bag.getpencil->bag.getpencilcase.getpencil
* pencilcase.getpencil

In real business cases this is very OK, but usually there are 90% just
dummy getters and 10% are real business objects like "transfer money
in avery safe and robust manner"...

I whish there was an easy way to "transparently penetrate beans". I
could actually call man.getPencil and it would be authorized to fetch
it from bag,pencilcase.

Ofcourse I could configure exceptions to the rule, but in general I
could say that "it is allowed in general" or "it is not allowed in
general". And maybe annotate access rules.

Maybe there is a compile time tool that does just this already for
java? Something like bindgen or Project Lombok?

That is the next foreseeable "obstacle" in making java efficient.
After that it's maybe time for fancy functional proframming or
multiple inheritance ;)

**
Martin