As far as I am concerned, that depends on this issue I just found:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3363. If that's just a
problem with the example (probably the case, as the other localization
examples work fine), I am +1 for releasing. If internationalization is
broken, then I am -1.

As a side note, I saw this in the logs when looking at the nested example:

WARN  - aultMarkupSourcingStrategy - 1.4 to 1.5 migration issue: your
item component should be derived from AbstractItem. Item=[TreeItem
[Component id = 10]]

(and 'ault' probably needs to get rid of the 'u'?).

Eelco