On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> we should have the aggregate module explained for the reason in mine
> and martijn's emails. we should simply change it so it doesnt deploy
> any artifacts, just a pom.

I disagree.  Why go through the trouble of creating a "fake" aggregate
module just so someone doesn't have to type five characters in their pom
when upgrading a major version?  When they change "1.4.16" in their POM to
"1.5.0", they can also type "-core" at the end of their wicket dependency.
 Done.  No maintenance on our side.

> non-maven users will have to figure it out.

I'm fine with this - they're used to it.  I think they must like the pain.
 :)

So, in summary: my opinion is that we just remove the aggregate module and
move on with real development.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com