Ok, so since this is brainstorming time I can probably ask for cool features
without getting punished :-)

- partial ajax updates on repeaters (insert/modify/delete)
- some kind of intuitive support from wicket to synchronize access to session
or page data when processing multiple, concurrent ajax requests
- easier interaction between javascript and page with less magic. Especially I
would love to have stable urls for ajax callbacks that are relative to the page.

[disclaimer]  consider the following example just non-functional(!) pseudo(!)
code to get the idea what I mean... no idea if this could possibly work ...
please excuse if this is complete b**s** :-)

EXAMPLE....

public class CheckoutPage extends WebPage
{
        private OrderLineItems items;
        private PaymentMethod payment;

        public CheckoutPage()
        {
                mountPageResponder("order/items", new PageResponder()
                {
                        @Override
                    public void onGet(Request request, Response response)
                          {
                                  // convert order line items into json
                                  // send json to client
                           }
                });
                mountPageResponder("payment/change", new PageResponder()
                {
                        @Override
                    public void onPost(Request request, Response response)
                         {
                             // move : request.getParameter("method") ->
this.payment
                          }
                });
        }
}

So gettting the shopping items from within javascript in the checkout page with
jQuery would simply be

  $.get("order/items", function(data) {
    // process order line item data and refresh markup
  })

Change the payment method to master card:

  $.ajax({ type: 'POST', url: "payment/change", data: { method: 'master-card'
}, success: updatePaymentInfoCallback, error: showError )

(please excuse possibly errors in the above javascript)

so no need for stuff like this:

                add(new Behavior()
                {
                        @Override
                        public void renderHead(Component component,
IHeaderResponse response)
                        {

response.renderOnLoadJavaScript("initCheckoutScript('" + urlFor(someListener) +
"');");
                        }
                })

Cheers